• March 24, 2018 : Big 3 XXXIX, Masonic Temple, Detroit
The largest swing dance around! Located at Masonic Temple in the beautiful, expansive Crystal Ballroom. Dance lesson at 7:00 then RSO plays 8:00-Midnight
• April 7, 2018 : PIX Theater, Lapeer
Concert at the Center for the Arts of Greater Lapeer, PIX Theater. Play 7:30-9:15
• April 22, 2018 : Dance at the Detroit Yacht Club
Dance in the beautiful Detroit Yacht Club Grand Ballroom. Dance lesson included with admission then RSO plays for swing and ballroom dancing from 3:15 to 7:00. Tickets are $25 in advance or $35 at the door. Cash bar. Vintage, cocktail, formal and snappy attire. For reservations send a check payable to John Gibson, 1074 Lakepointe, Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230 or PayPal at www.swingslam.com/dyc
• May 19, 2018 : K of C fund-raiser at CC of Detroit
Fund-raising event by the Knights of Columbus for St. Paul by the Lake. Dinner and dance at The Country Club of Detroit.
• June 16, 2018 : Motor Muster at Greenfield Village
Watch a narrated vintage car show then dance or just listen to war-time period swing with RSO. Real cars - a real band! We perform from 7 to 9 PM. The Chiffon Sisters, an Andrews Sisters-like group, join in on the fun with RSO.
• June 22, 2018 : Fundraiser at the Lafayette Grand, Pontiac
Fund-raiser for Lighthouse of Oakland County at The Lafayette Grande, Pontiac. Dinner and dancing!
• July 21, 2018 : Concourse Hall, Ann Arbor
KISSME exchange and open swing dance with the supporters of swing in Ann Arbor. Held at Concourse Hall, located just south of Ann Arbor.
• August 14, 2018 : Concert in Southfield
Bring a chair and blanket and enjoy a concert of swing in the evening air. It is cozy with the band right next to you yet large enough to bring lots of friends and make new ones.
• August 17, 2018 : Old Howell Courthouse
The Livingston Arts Council presents an evening of big band swing, from the days when swing was king, at the courthouse in Howell. Band plays from 7 to 9 PM. Bring a blanket and chairs. Free.
• September 1, 2018 : 40s, 50s, 60s Dance in Dearborn
Dance by decade to the
• November 3, 2018 : Fund-raiser for Masonic Temple, Detroit
Help preserve this Detroit gem
• January 26, 2019 : Dinner-Dance in Livonia
Detroit Burns Club annual dinner-dance to honor the poetry of Robert Burns. Joining in the fun this year is the St. Andrews Society of Detroit. This event is open to the public - be a Scot for a day! This event also features a live pipe band and dancers. At Burton Manor in Livonia.